Sunday, February 1, 2015

Stalking Bode

Bode, give me one last chance I’m not the cougar people say I am. I was only thinking of you baby when I signed up to work the 2015 Championships and the men’s downhill day. I know time is running out. Last year when you and Ted ripped it up on the Birds of Prey GS I was just 10 miles down the road working in Vail. I thought about trading the day off as several of my colleagues were trying to get the Christmas day I was scheduled to be off. Trading Christmas for Bode, mmmm.....tempting and I didn’t do it fearing I’d jinx you into a crash and burn. You didn’t, I blew it. I think I could hear the crowd screaming all the way in Vail. I’ve been to Nastar Nationals, but if I went you didn’t and if you went I didn’t. I have pictures with Picabo and Tommy Moe from those. My helmet is autographed by lot of greats including the Mahres, Franz Klammer, Chad Fleischer, Ted, & Mikaela and more

See Bode, Picabo isn't afraid of me.
(and I won't turn Lindsey away) but you’re the one that I want, uh uh oh oh uuh. Are we meant to be? I got myself into position to see you race by joining this 2015 crew. Then came your darn disc and this surgery. I love how you put your skis in an amazing line and work to keep your crazy ass on top of them. I did a “Bode” once on the Winter Park Nastar course. Came out of the gate, slipped, hip checked into the snow bounced back up and beat a ski club friend (well HE used to be) who pronounced at the finish, “I can’t believe you fell down and still beat me.” I came to think of that as my best (probably only) Bode like move. In December during World Cup you came around. Since you couldn’t race I was thinking there was a possibility you’d show up for a US Ski Team autograph session. I went to Beaver Creek Village thinking our time had finally arrived only to find out you’d been there earlier sneaking around at a different venue and time than the rest of the team. I can’t believe you slipped through my fingers again! Remember when you skied in red and white Atomic boots? I had some too hoping it would make me Bode-acious when I was a racer wannabe. I still have ‘em they make me think of you even though I don’t ski in them much. In December I was at a dinner party with another Talon Crew lady, I whined about your and my inability to cross paths. She pulled out her phone and showed me a photo of the two of YOU together at BEAVER LIQUORS! no less. I was green with jealousy. I hope you make it here. Everyone on crew I talk to wants to see you have a great championship. I’ll be there, right at the Red Tail jump during the men’s downhill screaming my lungs out and ringing my bad ass bell like mad for you. Deal? Would a photo and an autograph on the special place I’ve saved just for you on my helmet be too much to ask? Heck I’ve waited this long could I have a kiss? Bode, get that back strong and come tear it up for 2015! (PS you really don’t need that restraining order, honey)

No comments:

Post a Comment