Thursday, December 11, 2014

Lift Evacuation Dummies

Looking down between my feet just before sliding off the lift.  While I got lots of photos for other folks I'm not aware of anyone getting a shot of me actually being lowered.
Everyone hates it when they're stuck on a ski lift, especially when the weather is cold and windy. Most of the time the are back running in a few seconds or minutes. There's a whole B horror movie called "Frozen" about 3 kids stuck on a ski lift, don't bother renting it, it is terrible. Today I volunteered to get "stuck" and  be evacuated from a ski lift for a Ski Patrol training drill. It was before opening this a.m.  and over on the Pride lift which hasn't opened to the public yet I think. We were the last chair evacuated and luckily it was a pleasant sunny morning and no one needed the potty because it was about an hour before they got us down.

Ski Patrollers gather for briefing.

Head of ski patrol giving directions.


Volunteer lift evacuations dummies load the lift.



I took this photo of my belayer just as I neared the ground.  The black uniform notes he is a patroller in training yet and doesn't have his red jacket with white cross yet.

The chair I just came off of. Resetting for the next guy.

The seat we slide off the chair onto, don't worry we also had a loop around our chest before we slide onto the little wooden seat.
 

One of my colleagues being lowered.

Another of my colleagues being lowered.

No comments:

Post a Comment