Friday, December 5, 2014

World Cup Weekend Arrives!





Broken hand doesn't keep Ted Liggety from racing or autographing my helmet!
 
Headed up to Beaver Village tonight for a US Ski team autograph session. Men's downhill completed today and Americans Steve Wyman and Travis Ganong finished 3rd and 5th.
(Article from Vail Daily)I wasn't up on the course as I had a Ski Host orientation in Vail I needed to attend. I'm not scheduled to work Saturday so I'm going head to the finish area and new supersized grandstand with friend, Ann Gallo to experience the Super G from that end. The Super G course will start just a bit lower and has more turns/gates in it. Racers do not get to practice it ahead of time and only get one shot at it. Been a huge amount of work on the finish area to get ready for World Championships. A whole new big building for the press. The bleacher capacity was increased to over 8000 and I think when I was at World Cup last year it was less than 2000. It's super easy to get to the viewing area, and it's free! So get your flight for the February 2015 Championships!

With Korbel as a sponsor we enjoyed free champagne waiting in line for autographs. I'm not wearing my helmet because I'm planning to drink heavily I had it with me to collect some autographs on.
 


Steve Nyman, today's 3rd placer finisher in downhill.

 

US Ski Team members Tommy Ford, Steven Nyman, Nolan Kasper & Wiley Maple. My friend, Ann Gallo got this nice shot. Jared Goldberg arrived just after this photo.
Big and little kids gather US Men's Ski Team autographs.


No comments:

Post a Comment